I am a researcher in aerospace engineering (Ph.D. by USC, M.S. by Politecnico di Milano) working at the Japanese Space Agency (JAXA/ISAS) . I worked at Caltech/JPL/NASA and at the European Space Agency (ESA/ESOC) .
Download the Resume (PDF)Contact me.
- Ryan Russell (University of Texas at Austin)
- Martin Lo, Anastassios Petropoulos, Jon Sims, Nathan Strange, Gregory Lantoine, Daniel Grebow (JPL)
- Arnaud Boutonnet, Carlos Corral, Michael Croon, Paolo De Pascale, Daniel García, Guy Janin, Ruediger Jehn, Michael Kahn, Stefano Pessina (ESA)
- Yasuhiro Kawakatsu (JAXA)
- Massimiliano Vasile (University of Strathclyde)
- Jerry Marsden, Evan Gawlik (Caltech)
- Shane Ross (VirginiaTech)
- Simone D'Amico (DLR)
- Steven Kemble (EADS/Astrium)
Optimization and Optimal control
Pontryagin principle. Nonlinear programming, sequential quadratic programming, numerical methods for optimal control. Simplified control laws for trajectory design. Primer vector theory.
Trajectory Design for Space Missions
Missions to the Jupiter and Saturn moons with chemical and low-thrust propulsion. Mission to the Moon. Terrestrial Planet Finder. BepiColombo mission to Mercury (chemical and low-thrust propulsion options). Solar Orbiter. Aerogravity-assist trajectory design.
The engdame problem. Circular and Elliptic Restricted 3-Body problems. Multiple Gravity-Assist trajectories. Gravitational capture. Low-energy transfers.
Nonlinear dynamical systems
Periodic solutions and their stability in the spatial circular and elliptic restricted 3-body problems. Invariant manifolds and lagrangian coherent structures. Resonant orbits and their stability.
Numerical methods for Boundary Value Problems
Simple/Multiple step intergators. Symplectic integrators. Multiple shooting. Collocation methods. Finite Elements in Time.